The Kickstart Norfolk Application Process.
Making an application to be considered for the Kickstart Norfolk Moped Scheme and potential funding could not be easier, simply click on the apply now button, and then download and complete the application form. Once completed, you will need to save a copy of the form and then email it to us at email@example.com.
- Call the Kickstart Norfolk team on 01362 699923 and request that an application form be sent to you via email or Royal Mail.
- Ask the team member to fill in the application with you over the telephone.
- Licence Check – the applicant will be asked to confirm whether they hold a minimum of a provisional driving/motorcycle licence. If not an application for a provisional licence will need to be applied for. If the applicant has a licence they will be asked to provide a code from the DVLA ‘Share my Licence’, for Kickstart Norfolk to verify their licence and confirm whether the applicant has any driving convictions, at this point the individual can give verbal permission for Kickstart Norfolk to check the licence to speed up the process. The client will be given a step by step guide to complete this and the DVLA’s website address for this is: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence.
- Insurance – once the applicants licence has been confirmed Kickstart Norfolk will speak to our insurance providers to confirm that we can provide insurance for the individual. Unfortunately, in some instances, if there are specific driving or criminal convictions evident Kickstart Norfolk may not be able to secure insurance and therefore, the individual will not be able to access the Moped Scheme. Please note that the insurance provided by Kickstart Norfolk is third party ONLY, fire and theft.
- Existing Transport Links – the applicant will be asked to describe the current transport links to and from their proposed place of work, education or training and the potential daily costs of using this transport. This information is then used by our team to ensure that joining a Kickstart Norfolk Moped Scheme is in fact the best financial option for the client, it will also help the team to identify if alternative funding options are available.
- Financial – the applicant will be informed of the costs they will incur when joining a Kickstart Norfolk Moped Scheme and a discussion regarding the individual’s income will take place to ensure they are financially able to fund the scheme once they are issued with the moped. Once confirmed, the applicant is informed of the repayment method and collection date; all payments are collected by Direct Debit so a bank account will be needed for an individual to access the Moped scheme. If the individual is proposing to pay for the scheme themselves, a full breakdown of costs is provided to them at this stage. If the applicant has been fortunate and funding has been arranged and agreed, then the costs the client will incur on top of the funding or after the funding ends will be discussed with them. Please Note: the Kickstart Norfolk team will automatically research all potential funding streams to ensure we provide the very best deal to the client. Due to current UK law, any applicant under the age of 18 years must have a guarantor.
- Proposed Provision Start Date – this is the date that the team will work to and ensure the applicant is ready to be issued with a Kickstart Norfolk moped in time to start employment, training or education. It is important that the applicant immediately informs Kickstart Norfolk once a start date has been confirmed as this will enable us to arrange both the relevant training and the issue of the moped or scooter.
- Provision Details – details of the provision; employment type, employers address and the relevant contact details will be required so Kickstart Norfolk can confirm the provision type and start date. This information will also be used to secure the relevant funding and ensure Kickstart Norfolk can deliver a replacement moped to the client’s workplace in the event of break down etc.
- All moped safety features and controls demonstration.
- The basic servicing required by the client whilst they are on the moped scheme – how to check the oil, air pressure, lights and visual check of moped. The client is provided with a check sheet to follow on a daily and weekly basis, this sheet also provides Kickstart Norfolk’s contact details.
- Moped damage check – the client is walked around the moped taking note of any scratches or marks, these are recorded by the driver and the client will confirm by signing the document. The client is then informed of the servicing schedule and breakdown details are discussed.
- The relevant issue paperwork is then read and signed by the client.
- The moped is issued to the client.
- Insurance – in the event of an accident the Kickstart Norfolk team will take care of all insurance enquiries to ensure the stress is taken away from the rider. Please note that the insurance provided by Kickstart Norfolk is ONLY third party, fire and theft. We recommend that all service users consider taking out their own Personal Injury Insurance.
- Road Tax & MOT – all mopeds are fully road legal.
- 24 hour/7 Day AA Breakdown Cover & Roadside Assistance – In the event of a breakdown the AA will provide roadside assistance and Kickstart Norfolk will endeavour to provide a replacement moped within 24-48 hours.
- Maintenance – all Kickstart Norfoll mopeds are put through regular servicing and inspections to ensure they remain road safe. Every 2500 miles or 4 months, if the moped has not travelled the relevant mileage, our mopeds will be called back to the Kickstart Norfolk Centre for servicing by our in house qualified mechanics. To ensure our riders are not caused any inconvenience we will pick up the moped and drop off a replacement moped at a time and location suitable to them.